Monday, February 22, 2010

Blue = Gold!

Welcome back to the The Life and Times of Butler Blue II! Chances are you’ve probably stopped by in recent months only to be disappointed that my little paws had not submitted any new content. My apologies about that.

I needed a break and during my vacation from prose, I was letting my “tweets” do all of the talking. Of course, I had big New Year’s resolutions that involved updating my blog at least once a week, etc., etc. Now that it’s almost March, I suppose I should act on those good intentions.

Really, it was just a social experiment to see if anyone besides my grandparents and Butler alumnus, Chuck Gose, were paying attention. Evidently there are more than three of you out there that are, so I figured its high-time I started blogging again.

It is with great pleasure that I resume blogging in 2010 to announce that I’ve won a gold medal!

No, don’t check the Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics medal count, and don’t bother looking back through NBC’s Olympic coverage saved on your DVR. You won’t find me on any podium there, but you will find me earning gold at CollegeSurfing.com.

Evidently the editors at CollegeSurfing.com set out to recognize the “top social media innovators among the nation’s colleges and universities” and liked what I had to say via my Twitter account because they gave me a gold medal and ranked me fourth out of their top 50 schools in their first-ever “Web 2.0 College Olympics!”

CollegeSurfing's Web 2.0 Colleges

You can check out the list and my write-up at http://www.collegesurfing.com/content/web-20-colleges/.
I’m quite, proud, happy for Butler University, and would like to thank everyone who made this possible.

Special thanks goes to my dad for constantly working his iPhone in order to keep me tweeting and to my mom who allows him to be on his iPhone all the time and who also supplies a good deal of the pictures you see come across my Twitter feed (www.flickr.com/photos/butlerblue2).

And, last but not least, thanks to the fine folks over at CollegeSurfing.com for the recognition!

That’s all I’ve got for the blog right now...time to go celebrate our winnings! I promise that I’ll be back a bit more frequently though. There’s lots of great stuff, as usual, on the horizon for me, including an appearance on CBS’ The Price is Right game show and on a local radio station.

Until next time, I’ll see you on Twitter.

Go Dawgs!

Blue II

No comments: