Thursday, November 20, 2008

As Seen on TV!

Three days, three media outlets. It's just what I do.

Okay, so I really didn't have to do too much...I leave the most of it to the guy on the other end of the leash, my dad. He's not bad either.

So as I posted previously, it was the Smiley Morning Show on Monday, followed by Good Morning Indiana on WRTV-6 on Tuesday and yesterday, during the Butler/Ball State game at Hinkle Fieldhouse, it was WTHR-13 and reporter Emily Longnecker.

To view last night's footage and read the story, click here: http://www.wthr.com/global/story.asp?s=9383922

Basically, Emily was reporting on how the situation that lead to our new bulldog mascot costumes has now manifested itself into a little "Name that Dawg!" contest to name said costumes so that they aren't confused with me in the future.


If you've got an idea for a good name for the costumed version of the bulldog, then log on to ButlerSports.com and place your vote today!

Today was my first reprieve this week from any media requests and that was fine with me as the men's basketball regular season home-opening victory left me quite tired. In other words, I slept all day!

It wasn't until the 4 o'clock hour until I was required to make myself available. I was asked by the Butler chapter of College Mentors for Kids! to meet up with some youngsters who were roaming Butler for the afternoon learning different things about school spirit. It was my job to show them first hand just what school spirit looks like in the form of a live mascot.

One young man asked me if I could do back flips. I thought it sort of a strange question, but to not leave him empty handed, I peformed my "rollover" (illustrated below) trick to much enjoyment by the little ones. Anyway, I had a great time and I think the kids did too.

Tomorrow I'll return to the Fieldhouse to watch the Butler women play their first regular season home game against Dayton at 7 p.m. However, it's more than just the lady Bulldogs that I'm interested in as my dad will be the evening's halftime entertainment as well. Yes, you read that correctly, he will be the halftime entertainment and by that, I mean, he will be joining fellow faculty and staff for their own basketball game against the students at halftime.

I'm not expecting much, but it should entertaining to watch, nonetheless. If he knows what's good for him and if he's been paying attention these last few years, he'll be sure to give me a pat on the head for good luck before he takes the court. Good luck pops!

After that, I'll head home to rest up for Saturday's men's game at Hinkle against IU-South Bend at 2 p.m.

My week seems to be defined with media appearances and basketball games and those happen to both be some of my favorite things, so I guess you could say this has been a good week! Here's to a winter full of good weeks on the horizon!

Blue II

No comments: