Friday, November 7, 2008

Stars of 'The Office'

Last night stand-up commedian, actor, and writer B.J. Novak came to campus and did a stand-up routine in Clowes Hall in front of students, faculty, staff and the community at large.

B.J. is perhaps best known for playing the character of Ryan Howard on the NBC sitcom The Office. He is also a writer and co-executive producer for the Emmy Award-winning show...the same show that my parents are fans of, so of course they went to the performance.

And while they did that, I hung out behind the control desk over at the HRC where I helped the student staff do laundry and check-in patrons. I rather enjoyed myself over there actually.

Then after the performance my dad came and grabbed me and we ventured back over to Clowes so that B.J. could get his picture with me. After all, I am the star of the Development/University Advancement Office at Butler.

So that was cool, and now B.J. can add to his résumé that he had his picture taken with me so he's got that going for him. No really, thanks for playing along, B.J.

That's the highlight of my week. Otherwise, it's just been mascotting and other random stuff. On Monday I didn't do too much, but my grandparents Kaltenmark came in to town so that was cool. Tuesday was my Mom's birthday so we celebrated that and the nation in which we live held an election. Today I got to visit with the Parent Council members and this evening I will be visiting with the "Lil Sibs" of our current students at a pizza party. Tomorrow is action packed with the Fall Scholarship Breakfast, a football game and another basketball exhibition game so that should be a good time.

Otherwise, that's about it for me. There's been a few other things happening this week, but I'm going to wait for those things to further develop before I let the cat out of the bag, so to speak. Mainly, I've really just been trying to catch back up on rest this week after all of my fun last week.

So with that said, I'm going back to sleep. Maybe I'll see you on campus tomorrow for football and/or basketball...Go Dawgs!

Blue II

No comments: