Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A (new) View from the Corner Office

Sorry for my long delay in posting, but I’ve been a busy bulldog over the past couple of weeks. Sure, I’ve kept my nose to the ground with the enduring search for the missing Butler Bulldog mascot costumes (more on that later), but I’ve also been helping my dad move our office.

Yep, that’s right, I’ve moved offices at Butler, but this actually isn’t my first move. We started in Jordan Hall office 11 and not too long after, we took over office 13 where we spent the majority of the last four years. But after a six year stint in the Office of Annual Giving, my pops is changing roles in the development office and that has us moving down the hall to office 16. I figure I’ll just ride his coattails wherever they take me.

The move sort of had me a little nervous and on edge at first, but once I got used to my food, water, cage, toys and dad being in one spot, I became a little more used to the new setup. Although I still get a little confused as to where I should hangout from time to time. I miss my old pals down the hall in annual giving from time to time.

The good news is that we are still in the basement of Jordan Hall so it’s all familiar surroundings. And even though we have smaller digs, we did get a corner office…even if it is in the corner of a basement. And yes, it’s a basement. Don’t let anyone tell you it’s a “garden level.” That’s such a joke.

It’s below ground level, it smells like a basement, there’s moisture like a basement and there’s those lovely insects and bugs that are often found in a basement. Therefore, it is a basement…and it even has a lovely 1980s pink décor with worn grey carpet that might be older than my father. Now you know why the development staff ventures OUT to see donors.

Anyway, after my dad gets all of his pictures up on the walls and it’s finally all put together, I’ll have him post some pictures of our new office. Until then, you can always tune in to Blue2TV and watch my live office cam. Whether or not I’m in view of the webcam is hit and miss, but if you log on at the right time, you just might see me. Click here during regular office hours to have a look: http://go.butler.edu/lifeatbutler/?pg=4724

Changing bones back to the missing mascot story…I know that I said there would be a sequel to the movie that I originally starred in, but I am not really sure what happened to that second film. We did the shoot, but the project didn’t make it out of production. Such is life in Hollywood, I guess.


There have been some developments in the case of the missing mascot costumes, but I’m not at liberty to divulge any details just yet. I’ll be sure to share the news once it is official, but right now I’ve got other pressing issues anyway.

My life as a mascot has me doing some interesting things yet this week and weekend. On Friday I’ll be heading over to see our neighbors at the Christian Theological Seminary for their annual “Blessing of the Animals” service. I like to go because we get to be outside and I get to mingle with a bunch of other animals, but other than that I don’t really quite grasp what happens at that thing. My dad seems to get something out of it and he says that it gives me a Holy blessing for another year, so I got that going for me, which is nice.

On Saturday I’ve got a busy day on the books…first I’m set to appear in the annual Circle City Classic parade with the Butler contingent and after that it’s back to campus as the 2-1 Bulldogs host our first Pioneer Football League contest of the season against the dreaded Drake Bulldogs. Of course I’ll be there to lead the team onto the field, but I’m not quite sure about my new friend Blue of the Indianapolis Colts. The Colts are away this weekend so I’m hoping he’ll be in town to lend me a hand again with the mascot duties since our new mascot costumes have yet to arrive.

Thankfully, the weather is looking good for my duties this weekend. A look to the weather forecast shows signs of plenty of “bulldog weather” for me to enjoy in the coming weeks. Fall might just be my favorite season…it’s not too hot and it’s not too cold. It’s just right for us bulldogs.

Speaking of which, the ninth annual Bulldog Beauty Contest seems to be shaping up nicely. We’ve got about 35 bulldogs registered with just three weeks to go, which is more than where we were three weeks out last year when we had our record turnout of more than 60 dogs.

Eagle Pack Pet Foods, Inc. and City Dogs Grocery have been helping round up pries for our participants and I think we’ve got another great event in the works. If the weather cooperates, then the ninth year might be our best year yet!

Well, I think that’s about all I’ve got to chat about at the moment. I’ll make sure my dad doesn’t wait around another two weeks before he posts for me again!

From a new office down the way,

Blue II

No comments: