Monday, April 7, 2008

My Busy Spring Monday on Campus

I had quite the busy day today on campus. It all got going just before lunch as I went to the HRC with my dad.

Kirby's mom was working the front desk at the HRC so I helped her with laundering the towels and other chores. That means I get the run of the HRC and lots of elevator rides!

From there, I had to head straight over to the Office of Admisson for their high school junior preview day where I greeted potential Butler students and drooled again over the fine display of cookies and rice crispies treats.

Immediately after that, I had a video shoot with CMC Media. They are putting together a video for the ButlerRising Campaign and they needed some footage of me.

First we started with some "green screen" shoots which I really wasn't all that excited about. Basically I was either standing, sitting or lying on the "green screen" while my dad tried to get me to make different facial expressions, bark, etc.


It sounds easy, but I was so worn out from the other stuff, that I could hardly control my breathing to even focus on the task at hand. Plus, I didn't really get the point of it all.

After that we decided to go outside to get more footage of me running around the campus' main mall. Spring was definitely in the air today and I took full advantage of the great weather while I was outside.

While outside I chased my ball, mingled students studying on the mall and greeted campus tour groups. For videos of it all, visit www.youtube.com/butlerblue2.

Here's a shot of me with some of those students that were studying on the mall.

By the time I got back to the office after all of this fun, I was completly worn out. I went through about three full bowls of water and then crashed on the floor with my toys.

Tonight I've got to get my rest so that I can make an appearance for a College of Education recruiting event and for the Rotary Club on Tuesday. It should be fun! I'll be sure to let you know how it goes.


Blue II

No comments: