Friday, January 25, 2008

Mr. February

It's no centerfold, but it is a magazine appearance nonetheless! For you local Naptown and Central Indiana residents, be sure to pick up a copy of the February Indianapolis Montly...on news stands now!

Flip to page 100 of this month's pet-themed issue and there I am, featured as one of Indy's biggest celebrity pets!

I had to tell my dad that "celebrity pet" did not necessarily imply that he was indeed a "celebrity" and I was his "pet". He was crushed. I think I bruised his ego a little bit, but after all, he is pretty much just my manager/driver/servant. He works for me!

You can read the piece here: http://www.indianapolismonthly.com/article.aspx?id=20204

They mention that my parents are trying to teach me how to ride a skateboard like my "famous YoutTube counterpart." They are referencing Tyson, the Skateboarding Bulldog. He's one cool dude and tallented bully! I can only hope to learn to ride half as good as he can. Skate or die, Tyson!

My parents are trying to teach me to ride, and I am quite fond of the board, but rather than ride, I enjoy strutting around with the board in my mouth and biting the wheels. Their instructions are clear, but the ability to focus has never been one of my strong suits. We'll keep after it, but I've got a long road ahead of me...pun intended.

You'd think I'd be able to use my celebrity status to get a guy like Tony Hawk or Rob Dyrdek to come give me some tips and pointers. Hey Tony/Rob, if you're reading this, hit me up at blue2@butler.edu. Can ya help a brother out?!

If I had opposable thumbs and a free hand, I might even try the Marty McFly method of skateboarding...just hitch a ride and let the gas powered machines do the work. I wonder what would have happened if he got the skateboard up to 88 mph. Heavy stuff, Doc.

Anyway, as the weather gets warmer, I'll keep everyone up to date on my skateboarding lessons. I'll try and get some pictures and video of that uploaded here as well. Should be good for a laugh if nothing else. Until then, stay warm and cozy up to a nice issue of Indianapolis Montly.

No comments: