Thursday, February 21, 2008

Cardboard Box Destruction

An Anonymous reader recently asked, "Blue II--Why do you hate/destroy cardboard boxes?"

First of all, I don't hate cardboard boxes, however, I have been known to destroy a few in my day.

I'm not really a destructive dog. I know what's mine and what isn't. I'm not one to chew up shoes or things around the house. I stick to my own toys and leave much of everything else alone.

Except for the cardboard box. When I see one, I can't help myself. It's just so much fun to just let my canine instincts run free for a bit and sink my teeth into that corrugated fiberboard.


I don't remember how that actually got started. I think just working in an office environment kind of led me to that routine. There's always plenty of boxes around and sometimes I feel the need to let out some aggression or draw some attention to myself, so it works.

Enough talk about it already...it's better if you can behold the wrath of destruction on video, so I've posted one below. I went ahead and used a "Drake University" box and pathetic stand-in of "Spike," the Drake Bulldog, for this rendention of box obliteration.

I used Drake in honor of Butler's game against them on Saturday, Feb. 23 at Hinkle Fieldhouse, as a part of ESPN's Bracketbuster Saturday. You could easily insert any other rival or opponent.

Also, no Drake Bulldogs were harmed in the making of this video, but a cardboard box most definitely was.

I hope you enjoyed the video. It was my pleasure to make for you, trust me!

Speaking of videos, my dad says I'm going to be the subject of an Indianapolis Star video profile very soon. Stay tuned for details on that!

Blue II